It's easy to obtain a travel insurance quote- whether for a tour, cruise or just a short vacation. In order to obtain a quote you'll need the following information:
- Date of first payment: this is the date you made your very first payment for any portion of your trip. Used in trip cancellation/interruption plans to help determine if you are eligible for time sensitive benefits such as the pre-existing medical conditions waiver, default coverage, cancel for any reason and cancel for work reasons.
- Departure date: what day will you be starting your trip. This is usually the day when you will leave your home.
- Return date: what day will you return to your home from your trip.
- Destination: what is the regional destination of your trip. Example: If you're going to France, the regional destination would be Europe. If there are several destinations, enter in the primary one.
- Type of trip: is your trip just made up of air fare? Does it include a cruise? Is it a tour? Or is it "other"? This question is asked by one company to help determine the premium.
- State of residence: travel insurance is regulated by each State and that decides what plans will be available for you.
- Age: your current age.
- Trip cost: the total, prepaid cost of your trip including taxes and fees. This amount will determine not only the maximum limit for trip cancellation and interruption coverage but also your eligibility for some of the time sensitive benefits and options; including coverage for pre-existing medical conditions and eligibility for "cancel for any reason" coverage. You can use our trip cost calculator to help total the costs.